Saturday, March 26, 2005

Prairie City OHV


I've decided that my knee is finally back in working order (after four years of healing from a basketball injury) and I want to race my mountain bike this year. Well, maybe not race my mountain bike (I'd like a shiny new one). Anyhoo, there are a lot of mountain bike races in my area but one in particular has caught my attention.

The Prairie City Race Series is held weekly on the Prairie City OHV just a few miles from house. The PC OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) is one of the largest motor bike / ATV parks in the west. Usually restricted to just motor vehicles, on Wednesdays they open up their MotoCross track for the bike races. These are short course races (5 - 15 miles), mostly sprinting enduro style.

I went over to the OHV to scout it out today. It was very cool -- I even was entertaining notions of starting some motocross (They just open a HUGE Kawasaki dirt bike store in Folsom). I was, that is, until the ambulance arrived to cart someone off to the hospital.

I think I'll stick to the pedal powered biking. Races start in mid April. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: