Sunday, December 03, 2006

Melbourne via Hollywood

My first leg flying to Melbourne is almost always a short hop from Sacramento to Los Angeles. Since I usually fly on Saturday night, its a pretty quiet flight but usually weird. Sacramento is the closest big airport to Lake Tahoe and Napa so you get some strange people on the flights. So when I rocked up to the gate on Saturday seeing a 6'10" women standing at the counter didn't seem out of the ordinary. I'm sure she was a Sacramento Monarch or LA Spark. What was surreal was the motorcycle jacketed scruffy guy sitting next me. While I was sitting there, some guy comes up to him and says "I really like the show." He thanks him and kinda zones back out again. He sat a row or two in front of me on the flight. I pretty sure it was Patrick Dempsey from Grey's Anatomy. That's about as interesting as my travel gets.

P.S. For those wondering why he was sitting in Economy class -- this was a SkyWest flight on the CanAir small jet. There is no first class.

No comments: