- I awaken after my first night in Tokyo at the obscene hour of 4:30 AM. I had forgotten to close my blinds and by some bizarre custom, the Japanese find it neat to have sunrise before 5 AM. However, as much as the sun in my eyes was annoying, I think it was actually the sounds of dogs barking that woke me up. Although it seemed normal at the time (since I have loud dogs at home), after actually getting up I was somewhat puzzled. Especially since I was 27 stories up in the middle of downtown Tokyo. A quick look out the window solved my mystery:
Yeah, the Japanese have a dog park on the top of a building near mine. Of course.
- It was a beautiful day and we wanted to get out of Tokyo, so I got dressed.
This view is west away from Shibuya.
- We took the train two hours out to see Mount Fuji (Fujiyoshida, Japan). It was incredible. A tour bus drove us around the lakes (there are five lakes around the mountain) and we got some good pictures.
- Stopped by MOS burger. MOS burger is the In-N-Out Burger of Japan. Their teryaki burger is quite good.
- After getting back from Mount Fuji, we got a few drinks up in the bar. This is the same view as earlier.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Japan (Condensed Version)
Since I couldn't post effectively from Tokyo last week, I bundled up my thoughts from the four days in this one post: