Friday, June 30, 2006

North


Arcata
Originally uploaded by /k.
I took off North this afternoon to race my bike in the Whiskeytown Shasta forest (there's a big Cal State contest there). Since I've never really been north of Chico, it's been a really nice trip. Most of the way (say until you get to Redding or Shasta) is pretty much like the rest of the central valley. However, once you start west to the coast from Redding, you are in old growth forest for about 100 miles. This picture was taken about 15 miles from the Pacific (near the race site) looking south towards Eureka, CA.

While it looks warm and sunny in the picture, I am staying in Eureka tonight and it seems much more like my home in Pacifica. Low 50s and foggy. Quite a change from the 100+ degree temperatures in Sacto.

No comments: